Trigger warning for extreme racism and violence. I really wish this was in English. I’ve translated parts of this below, but there are some things that no amount of translation will ever get across. This is a screenshot from a Facebook page in Hebrew, called “Death to all Terrorists”. Terrorists, apparently, are any and all Arabs.
These are responses to an image of dozens of bodies of dead Syrians in body bags. This page (and others) have been publishing various images of victims of the violence in Syria, including children. These responses are typical.
Earlier today and yesterday, I was involved in yet another discussion on BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions upon Israel, a movement calling for cultural boycotts on Israel until they comply with International law regarding treatment of Palestinians and the occupation of Palestinian people and territories). A repeated theme in this discussion is Jews (not necessarily Israelis) who post such statements as “Dear [name of musician], Israel is a peace-seeking nation, and Jews are peace-seeking people! We never start wars, we respect people, we are the victims!” and so on and so forth.
I really want to expose the true mindset in Israel. It is NOT peaceful or peace-seeking. Naftali Bennet, Israel’s Minister of Commerce, recently admitted to killing an unspecified number of Arabs, for unspecified reasons, and declared that is just fine. The people in this post, are not some fringe group. These are regular Israelis, and what they have written here – translated below – are things I hear every day. Everywhere I go. Read through, if you can stomach it, and judge for yourselves.
- Don’t worry about the children, they’d just grow up to be terrorists anyway.
- Beautiful picture!
- LOLOL what a pleasure! And I’m not a racist, just a [sports team] fan! Buh-bye!
- What a waste of good body bags.
- Here’s to more in the ditch, amen.
- Hoping for more, and more!
- Pour acid on them, and then burn B’Tzelem (a human rights org) along with them
- Death to them all, happy day
- Great to wake up to good news in the morning!
- Only 1000… Hoping for more.
- Not enough
- Praise God forever!
- Pleasure 🙂
- As Naftali Bennet said, “Terrorists must be killed”. Period.
- The creator be praised!
- God willing, all the Arabs will die, amen.
- More, with God’s help.
- LOL, you all are making me laugh.
- God willing, so it shall be, every day
- [image, parodying Arabic phrasing] what a beautiful sight!
- More, and more
- I’m lighting the grill, who’s joining me? It isn’t every day 1000 whores die
- Let’s party! Who’ll bring the sweets? I’ll bring chips.
- Oh no, what a tragedy!…. A thousand is too few!
- Assad is the best!
- So much fun to see this picture! Amen that this happens again and they all die! Amen!
- Only 1000? Can’t we add some zeros to that?
- My son is only four, and he passed by the computer so I quickly closed the picture, but he glimpsed it and asked me, “What’s that? Rats?” LOLOL He pretty much got it right.
- Too bad there weren’t more.
- So wonderful, God willing we’ll see beautiful images like this every day.
- Do the math – how many virgins required?
Now repeat this by thousands of Facebook accounts, groups, cafes, buses, homes, army bases, schools, workplaces…. This is normal Israel, when it isn’t being pinkwashed, whitewashed, propagandized, and spinned.